When it comes to Substation Engineering, Pike does it all – from conducting studies to developing conceptual schematics, to providing a detailed engineering package.
Our past experience as utility engineers provides us a distinct advantage in understanding your complex substation challenges as they relate to engineering, construction, operations and maintenance issues.
Our substation engineering services, based on industry codes and standards, provide complete construction packages including calculations, specifications, drawings and the bill of materials for site development & permitting, foundations, civil/structural, electrical equipment & components, grounding, spill prevention control, relay & control, and testing & commissioning.
Our Substation Engineering Solutions include:
- Substation design services for "greenfield" designs and "brownfield" upgrades/retrofits
- Turnkey EPC packages to Owner or Pike engineering standards
- Designs based on industry codes and operational experience
- Detailed job packages including construction drawings and bill of materials
- Feasibility studies and conceptual layouts
- Site development proposals
- Regulatory permit consulting and filing
- Development of material & equipment specifications
- Material procurement services
- Complete relay and control engineering and commissioning capabilities
- Grounding system analysis and design
- Spill prevention control and countermeasures plans
- Oil containment system design
- Substation apparatus consulting